Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Wizard of Apps

A video we watched for class called The Wizard of Apps was a clever and informative video about the Internet,primary source sites,privacy,research,apps, and how to share the information found on the web. This video is done through the story of the Wizard of Oz which i thought was clever and kinda fun to watch. One website she talks about was www.pipl.com so i checked it out and sure enough i found me. This website is a site future employers might use to check up on their employers. I think through this video she is really trying to get the safety aspect of Internet across to students. Not only that but how to use copy write material under fair use. Several websites such as Flicker and compfight(two of my new favorite sites)and Voicethread were mentioned as a safe way to get great pictures and information and share them through blogs or voicethreads online.

In the future as a teacher i think it would be very clever to use a story line like she did (The Wizard of Oz) it not only keeps students attention but can help them remember things through songs or funny lines. I would definetly consider this in my classroom.

My greatest take away from this video was how many safe and affective websites there are out there i would have never known if it werent for my class and this video. I feel like as a future teacher i will be so much more aware of the technology and websites out there and not only that but how to use them for me and my students.

1 comment:

  1. Good- my only suggestion is remember to change "affective" to "effective" for the context in which you're writing in your post.

    ReplyDelete